Kudos to our Guild Members!
- Shelby S. has a quilt hanging in the Rocky Mountain Quilt Museum’s Evolutions Show.
- Make Modern is featuring Wendy B.’s quilt.
- Emily S. and Stephanie R. have been featured on QNNTV
- The national MQG has shared our charity quilt on their Instagram and Facebook last week
- Lauren L. has an article in Love of Quilting Magazine and in the release of Quilty
This month’s featured quilt is Betsy’s intricate “Galaxy” quilt, made with a rich spectrum of colors.
Highlights from the February 2017 DMMQG Meeting
The new and returning board members are: Shelby S., Christine P., Michelle D., and Jonna G. Congratulations to our new and returning officers!
How New is Modern? Quilt Show (Rocky Mountain Quilt Museum)
- If you are planning on having a quilt in the show please make sure that you have filled out the Commitment Form on the website.
- Photography of each quilt was discussed, and the plans include outdoor photos of the quilts in various places that showcase the quilts and our scenic Colorado landscapes. Plans for how each quilt will be photographed, as well as a more generic program on quilt photography will be provided at the June meeting.
- Susan S. discussed the concept of the roaming bee. Look for a new page to be coming to the website containing this information and pictures, as well as when they expect to be completed and open sign ups.
- Emily S. discussed the Brave bee and some of the challenges that we have faced with this bee. Look for more information coming to the website on this be and any of the proposed changes that may be in the pipeline.
Yearly membership dues of $35 are due as of January 31. If you have not yet paid your dues for this year please go to our website and fill out the Membership Form and you you can either pay via the PayPal link on our site, or get a check or cash to our treasurer.
Programming for the year will have a renewed focus on skill sharing. If there is something you would like to share or are interested in learning please let us know.
- March 8th: Focus will be on quilt finishing (sleeves, bindings, blocking, etc.) at Fancy Tiger Crafts (If you are interested in sharing one of these techniques please contact Shelby)
- April 12th: How New is Modern? quilt show quilt Drop Off and show and tell at Fancy Tiger Crafts
- May 10th: Focus will be on writing Artist Statements, presented by Lauren.
- June 14th: Quilt Photography Demo, presented by Shelby at Fancy Tiger Crafts
Full Minutes from our February 2017 Business Meeting: