This month’s featured quilt is Christine’s brilliant reinvention of the Ohio Star. The quilting and piecing are fantastic.
- Exciting news! Our own Christine Perrigo of Contemporary Custom Quilting will be teaching at QuiltCon 2018! Be sure to check out her class details in the catalog. More details about QuiltCon 2018 in the July 2017 minutes (link below).
- Two QuiltCon challenges have just been announced and any member can participate.
- The American Patchwork Flying Geese Challenge tasks members with modernizing the classic flying geese block.
- The Michael Miller Our Yard Fabric Challenge features fabrics from the new “Our Yard” line designed by Sarah Campbell. Members will be emailed the sign-up link on June 17.
- Details about the QuiltCon 2018 Charity Quilt Challenge have been announced. If you are interested in heading up this project for our guild, please volunteer! Sign-up is due September 30.
- Quilt photography for the “How New is Modern?” show is scheduled for this Saturday, June 17, at Clear Creek Park in Golden.
- Julie Elliott will lead the effort for show promotion activities. Thanks to everyone who recommended ideas. Please let Julie know if you’d like to help.
- Sew Days
- The June 3 Sew Day was a small, yet mighty, success! The space at Colorado Fabrics in Aurora is terrific and they loved hosting our group. A 10% discount was available for attendees.
- National Teacher Opportunity
- Julie Elliott has contacted Amy Friend of During Quiet Time to determine her availability to conduct an Improv Paper Piecing workshop with our guild. Stay tuned for dates.
- Nine members are planning to attend the August 5 production of Taming of the Shrew, a Shakespeare in the Park event at CU.
June Program – Creating an Artist Statement
- Lauren Lang presented some excellent information on how to approach a personal artist statement.
- Lauren’s slides will be shared with guild members – look for a link in an upcoming email.
- Artist statements must accompany all quilts that will be shown at the How New is Modern show this fall. Copy is due by the July business meeting.
- July Business Meeting
- A social event and review of the bylaws is scheduled for the July 12 meeting at the Broomfield Community Center.
- Please bring a wrapped I’ll-never-use-this-tool-again gift for a white elephant gift exchange.
- Please bring red, white and blue snacks to share.
Full Minutes of the June Business Meeting and June Board Meeting: