This month’s featured quilt is Julie’s mesmerizing “Going Rogue” quilt. “Going Rogue” is just one of the many DMMQG quilts that will soon be hanging in the “How New is Modern?” show at the Rocky Mountain Quilt Museum. It’s going to amazing seeing the whole exhibition come together.
Our May meeting took place at the Broomfield Community Center, with 21 members and four visitors attending. Thanks for the great turn-out, everyone! Be sure to check out our Facebook page for photos from this month’s Show & Tell.
- Charity quilts: we have two QuiltCon charity quilts, and we’ve been researching organizations that we could support through auctioning the 2016 charity quilt. The 2017 Charity quilt will hang in the RMQM show, and we may donate it to the museum afterward so that they can raise money from it.
- Sew Day is June: Saturday June 3rd. It will be at Colorado Fabrics, 10-3 in Aurora, pending confirmation.
- Bees are wrapping up, and there will be a new round of bees for next year.
Quilt Show at Rocky Mountain Quilt Museum
- The “How New is Modern?” show will take place from October 23rd through January 23rd
- Opening reception is Friday, October 27th 6:00—8:00 PM
- 37 Quilts have been successfully delivered to the museum
- Guild members attended a screen-printing workshop at Ink Lounge in Denver. There is another Ink Lounge event on June 10th with two spots available. Contact Mary to sign up.
- July meeting will be a social meeting. Look for a notice from Denise about social activities. We will also review the bylaws, available on the website.
Show and Tell
Highlights of show-and-tell included custom fabrics printed by guild members at Ink Lounge, and a quilt that guild member Mary is donating to a fundraiser to pay for a medical trials to help a girl with a degenerative disease.
Photographing Quilts in the Wild
Shelby Skumanich presented a program on quilt photography, illustrated with numerous photographs of her quilts.
The June Business Meeting will be June 14th at Fancy Tiger Crafts. Lauren will be giving a presentation on how to write effective Artist’s Statements.
Full Minutes from the May Business Meeting and May Board Meeting: