This month’s featured quilt is “Hearts for Peace,” a DMMQG charity quilt made for the families of slain law enforcement officers in Dallas. Thank you so much to everyone who helped make this comforting quilt.
September Meeting Highlights
- Chelsea brought the meeting to order at 7:00 at the Interlocken space.
- 24 people signed in, 4 visitors were introduced.
- No treasurers report tonight.
- Board positions are open for next year; please send us an email if you are interested. We will vote in November and their will be a discussion on 1 year term on Board.
- By-Law update – they will be up on the website soon and we will ratify them in October.
- MQG Town Hall Meeting 9/22 at 2 pm Mountain Time. Will be available online after meeting.
- RMQM Bill Volkening collection exhibit open until October 25th.
- RMQM Evolutions 2017 call for entries juried show by Martha Sielman, Executive Director of Studio Art Quilt Associates, Inc. Submissions accepted. October 1-31, $35 per entry. Hangs January 26-April 25, 2017. First place winner to receive a solo show in 2018.
- Pink Door’s Last Open Shop Days. Friday 9/23 10-2 and Saturday 9/24 10-2 20% off everything
- CQC’s Quilt-a- fair – September 23rd and 24th , Boulder County Fair Grounds, 9-5, $5 admission
- At the October meeting we will have a peer review for the RMQM show- bring ideas, progress.
- The quarterly sew day will be October 23 from 9-4, location TBD.
- Gertrude made trunk show/lecture in November at Fancy Tiger. Friday, November 4th from 7:00-9:00. It is free! We are asking everyone to promote it on Instagram.
- November meeting: demo by Shelby on hand quilting
- December meeting: social at Fancy Tiger
- Christine and Denise gave presentation about our entry for the national guild’s charity quilt. You can find guidelines and more information here. We are still looking for a few more folks to make blocks. Contact either Christine or Denise if you are interested.
- Stephanie did a demo on how to sew improv curves. You can find her method on her website here.
- The meeting concluded with Show and Share and the bee block presentation.