Recognize this stunning quilt? The guild’s award-winning “Twisted Sisters” quilt is being photographed to promote our upcoming “How New is Modern?” show. As you can see, there will be some extraordinary quilts hanging in the show.
- “Quilt Throwback”: Members shared their first quilts or quilts that had special meaning for them. Lots of giggles at how far we’ve all come and even more encouragement to keep on learning.
- “How New is Modern?”: Julie reviewed our promotional plan for the museum show, and guild members signed up to distribute postcards at local fabric shops. Volunteers will be needed to hang the quilts on Oct. 21 and/or Oct. 22. The October issue of 5280 magazine will feature a story on the exhibition.
- Based on voting, our guild will host a lecture and workshop by Amy Friend on Feb. 9-10, 2018. Location TBD. If you’re not familiar with Amy’s work, check out her website at During Quiet Time–it’s very inspiring!
- We’ve approved a new set of bylaws! DMMQG Bylaw revision final July 2017
- A group of us went to see Taming of the Shrew at the Colorado Shakespeare Festival. As a special treat, we enjoyed a tour of the Shakespeare company’s costume shop: it’s known as the largest closet in Colorado!
- Our guild co-founder Amy Wade is collecting quilts and supplies to help people displaced by Hurricane Harvey. If you’d like to help, please sign up here.
September Business Meeting
- The September meeting is scheduled for Sept. 13 at the Broomfield Community Center. Erin will be demonstrating small-batch fabric screen-printing, and we’ll have a lively show-and-tell. Hope to see you there!
Full minutes from the August Business Meeting and Board Meeting